Graphic Designer Internship Job Description
The Northwest Indiana Oilmen Baseball Club are currently accepting applications for their summer internship program. We are seeking an Intern to design graphics for the team to use in a multitude of applications including but not limited to video boards, social media, game-day program, online program, signage, and web. This individual will also assist the General Manager in upholding the brand standards and executing sponsor driven content. They will also assist the PR Intern on editing photos for the team’s website. Please provide examples of graphic design work or a link to your portfolio with your application.
About our company:
Founded in 2012, the Oilmen are members of the Northern League which was founded in 1902 making it one of the oldest organized baseball leagues in the United States. The Oilmen located in Northwest Indiana, hosts 28 home games from the end of May through mid-August. Oil City Stadium, the home of the Oilmen has seen 3 Championships won by the club since its inception. The stadium has become a destination for baseball events, holding a total of 120 Live Events a year. Touting a successful internship program, the Oilmen have seen hundreds of former interns go onto successful careers in the sports industry, marketing and corporate business world across the country.
We are looking for motivated college students who want great work experience through a summer internship within a sports organization. All interns must receive college credit for this internship, or this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. Applicants should pursue college credit from their academic institution. We will work with your college or university to ensure that you receive college credit for the position.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in other aspects of brand marketing, promotions, and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on-field promotions and nightly promotions, as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
• Creating captivating and functional graphics to be used in many different settings
• Coming up with new ways to execute the Northwest Indiana Oilmen brand and bringing a fresh perspective to social media graphics
• Executing sales pieces like posters, flyers, and media that will drive ticket sales
• Coordinate with PA Announcer on in-game requirements and game-day script
• Assist with various graphic design projects as needed
• Assist the PR Intern in creating graphics for the Oilmen website and social media
• Assist the Video Production interns with producing video content for the broadcasts
• Creating motion graphics/animations for social media content
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
• Experience in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro a huge plus
• Must be sports minded and have a passion for working in a sports environment
• Must be a creative thinker and do well in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to problem solve on the fly
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
• A general understanding of baseball
• Laptop and Adobe not provided
All Interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. There are educational and work components to this position. Some of the work components may include tasks such as hanging signage, preparing the ballpark prior to the season, deliveries and other miscellaneous outdoor work.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season as well as participating in offsite catering events. All interns will participate in a weekly sports management class that will be instructed by front office personnel or outside speakers that have gained success in the industry.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.