Stadium and Baseball Operations Internship Job Description
The Northwest Indiana Oilmen Baseball Club are currently accepting applications for their summer internship program. We are seeking an Interns for our Game Day Operations staff. These individuals will also assist the General Manager in upholding the brand standards and executing sponsor driven content.
About Our Company:
Founded in 2012, the Oilmen are members of the Northern League which was founded in 1902 making it one of the oldest organized baseball leagues in the United States. The Oilmen located in Northwest Indiana, hosts 28 home games from the end of May through mid-August. Oil City Stadium, the home of the Oilmen has seen 3 Championships won by the club since its inception. The stadium has become a destination for baseball events, holding a total of 120 Live Events a year. Touting a successful internship program, the Oilmen have seen hundreds of former interns go onto successful careers in the sports industry, marketing and corporate business world across the country.
We are looking for motivated college students who want great work experience through a summer internship within a sports organization. All interns must receive college credit for this internship, or this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. Applicants should pursue college credit from their academic institution. We will work with your college or university to ensure that you receive college credit for the position.
In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in other aspects of brand marketing, promotions, and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge the fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on-field promotions and nightly promotions, as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
• Assist with all aspects of our game day operations as it relates to ticket box office, customer service, security and merchandise operations.
• Help with stadium maintenance and baseball operations tasks as needed.
• Work special events including all baseball games (including weekends as scheduled).
• Ensure that the stadium meets facility cleanliness standards as set forth by management.
• Assist with clubhouse duties with the club as needed.
• Setup of game day concourse, including entrances, recreation areas and seating area.
• Break down of stadium after event completion.
• Personal Attributes: Excellent communications skills including oral, written and presentation; ability to express ideas clearly and concisely.
• Ability to manage competing demands, frequent changes and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to take initiative, own responsibilities, and raise standard of excellence.
• Candidates must be available to work 9-5 and extended hours; including weeknights and weekends on game days.
• Must be highly organized, resourceful, a quick learner, possess an eye for sharp attention to detail. Enterprising and self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be a team player who is willing to work both together and individually on creative projects.
• Work well with different personalities as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, listens to others, and willingness to try new ideas.
• Presents self in a professional manner and has the ability to interact with everyone in all types of situations.
All Interns must receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement. There are educational and work components to this position. Some of the work components may include tasks such as hanging signage, preparing the ballpark prior to the season, deliveries and other miscellaneous outdoor work.
Interns must provide their own transportation. Some light travel may be required depending on months of internship and locations of the Oilmen events. Some intern positions can begin in January others with a start in May and go through mid- August.
Interns will be required to work some nights and weekends both in office and/or remotely working and reporting on game activity. The Oilmen’s schedule and week to week events will dictate when late night and/or weekends are required.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to games, as well as participating in offsite events. Offsite events include set up and tear down of the event and fulfilling any special requests made by the customer or sponsor. All interns will participate in a periodic sports management classes that will be instructed by front office personnel.
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.